Matthew Zirwas, M.D.
- Posted on: Aug 9 2018
Matthew Zirwas, MD is an American Board of Dermatology certified physician. He is a nationally known expert who specializes in allergy patch testing, psoriasis, and eczema.
Dr. Zirwas founded the Bexley Dermatology Research Clinic in 2017. The research clinic treats qualifying patients with the newest cutting-edge treatment options prior to the medications becoming available on the market for normal physicians to prescribe. He is also a physician contributor and dermatologic advisor for companies such as ALL Laundry Detergent, Cerave, AsepticMD, Women’s Health Magazine, and many more.
He received his Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of Pittsburgh in 1996. Dr. Zirwas also received his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Pittsburgh in 2000. He then completed his dermatology residency at the University of Pittsburgh in 2003 where he became Chief Resident.
Dr. Zirwas is married to Dr. Jill Fichtel, who also practices with the Dermatologists of Greater Columbus group. Both doctors practice at the Bexley, Ohio office.
Dr. Zirwas professional memberships include:
- American Academy for Dermatology
- American Medical Association
- American Contact Dermatitis Society
- Association of Professors of Dermatology
- Central Ohio Dermatology Society
- Columbus Medical Association
- European Society of Contact Dermatitis
- North American Contact Dermatitis Group
- Ohio Dermatology Association
- Ohio Dermatological Association
- The Ohio State Medical Association
In Dr. Zirwas’s free time, he enjoys tending to his turtles and tadpoles, as well as spending time with his family and traveling with his wife Dr. Jill Fichtel.